FARGO, N.D. (AP) — A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who was poisoned when he bit into a Tide detergent pod is improving at a North Dakota hospital.
Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo last weekend.
KVLY-TV (http://nbcnews.to/1774aXV ) reports that he's now breathing on his own.
An aunt posted to an online site that Alex was taken off the breathing tubes on Friday morning and "being a little feisty" but that's OK.
Family members say he thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe.
Alex's mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, earlier told KVLY that Tide should change the look of its pod. The company said in a statement it's working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.
Information from: KVLY-TV, http://www.valleynewslive.tv