3. Approved agenda of October 6, 2009 as amended.
4. Approved the following SSTS loans: $6,697.20 to Ordean & Beverly Ranes on Parcel No. 11.011.0400 in Kiester Township; $7,880.32 to Virginia Glazier on Parcel No. 04.019.0400 in Clark Township; $17,968.24 to Bruce & LaDonna Bruellman on Parcel No. 08.024.0801 in Emerald Township; $8,418.83 to Susan Voigt on Parcel No. 04.021.0800 in Clark Township; and $7,000.00 to M.A. & Shirley Gudal on Parcel No. 17.016.0900 in Seely Township. Requests from Taylor Teems and Koestler Irrevocable Trust were tabled for further clarification.
5. Approved request from M. Purvis, M. Stevermer, M. Gormley, and S. Adams to attend a two-day Mn South Central Investigators Coalition winter training in Mankato; J. Christenson, T. Duit, and S. Dulac to a two-day Towards Zero Death conference in Duluth.
6. Approved Resolution 09-CB-28 requesting approval from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for the sale of tax forfeited lands. Commissioners Erichsrud, Groskreutz, Loveall, Roper, and Warmka voted yes.
7. Approved paying incidental expenses for the intern in Court Services.
8. Approved setting November 3, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. for consideration of the combination of Auditor and Treasurer positions on a permanent basis and to advertise a notice of intent.
9. Approved Resolution 09-CB-29 for the 2010 drainage assessments. Commissioners Erichsrud, Groskreutz, Loveall, Roper, and Warmka voted yes.
10. Directed the Faribault County Economic Development Agency to coordinate Recovery Zone bonds and to contact the cities and schools in the county and report back to the board. Loveall voted no.
11. Approved an abatement of $140.80 on Parcel #31.200.1770.
12. Approved the following SSTS loans: $19,597.57 to Taylor Teems on Parcel No. 16.007.0400 in Rome Township and $16,563.34 to Koestler Irrevocable Trust on Parcel No. 10.031.0400 in Jo Daviess Township.
13. Approved payment of bills totaling $282,739.5.
Discussion was held concerning the following:
1. L. Krosch met regarding treasurer’s office business.
2. J. Fox met regarding court services business.
3. J. McDonald met regarding public works business.
4. B. Ripley met regarding transit business.
5. Doug Garlick of Garlick’s Water Systems met regarding the SSTS requests.
Complete minutes are on file in the Central Services Office.
The meeting was adjourned to October 20, 2009.
Tom Loveall, Chairman
John Thompson, Auditor/Treasurer/
October 26, 2009
NOTICE OF HEARING
STATE OF WISCONSIN
In the Interest of Cynthia Ostrenga, D.O.B. 2/8/94, #09TP000317
Child Under the Age of Eighteen
To: Michelle Ostrenga
308 1st Street North
Kiester, MN 56051
Information regarding the above named child is as follows:
Date of Birth: 2/8/94
Place of Birth: Milwaukee, WI
Date of Conception: 4/13/93-6/12/93
Place of Conception: Milwaukee, WI
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a regular session of the Circuit Court of Milwaukee County, Children’s Division, to be held on the 10th day of November, 2009, at 11:00 a.m. in Branch No. 43, of the Children’s Court Center located at 10201 Watertown Plank Road, City of Wauwatosa, County of Milwaukee, State of Wisconsin, there will be a hearing on a Petition for Termination of Parental Rights of the mother, Michelle Ostrenga. If you fail to appear at such hearing, an Order may be entered terminating your parental rights of the above named child.
You have the right to be represented by an attorney; and if you cannot afford an attorney, one may be appointed by the State Public Defender’s Office by contacting said office at (414) 266-1210.
If the Court terminates parental rights, notice of intent to pursue relief from the judgement must be filed in the trial court within thirty (30) days after the judgment is entered for the right to pursue such relief to be preserved.
Assistant District Attorney
Children’s Court Center
10201 West Watertown Plank
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Telephone No. (414)257-7725
WITNESS, the Honorable Marshall Murray, Judge of the Circuit Court of said County, at Wauwatosa, Wisconsin this 19th day of October, 2009.
Assistant Chief Deputy Clerk of said Circuit Court
October 26, 2009
NOTICE OF HEARING ON PROPOSED ASSESSMENT
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Notice is hereby given that the council will meet at 7:00 p.m. on November 10, 2009 at Winnebago City Hall to consider, and possibly adopt, the proposed assessment for the improvement of Sixth Street Southwest between First Avenue Southwest and Third Avenue Southwest. Adoption by the council of the proposed assessment may occur at the hearing.
Such assessment is proposed to be payable in equal annual installments extending over a period of 15 years, the first of the installments to be payable on or before the first Monday in January 2010, and will bear interest at the rate of 6.15 percent per annum from the date of the adoption of the assessment resolution. To the first installment shall be added interest on the entire assessment from the date of the assessment resolution until December 31, 2025. To each subsequent installment when due shall be added interest for one year on all unpaid installments.
You may at any time prior to certification of the assessment to the county auditor, pay the entire assessment on such property, with interest accrued to the date of payment, to the City Clerk of Winnebago. No interest shall be charged if the entire assessment is paid within 30 days from the adoption of this assessment. You may at any time thereafter, pay to the City Clerk of Winnebago the entire amount of the assessment remaining unpaid, with interest accrued to December 31 of the year in which such payment is made. Such payment must be made before November 15 or interest will be charged through December 31 of the succeeding year. If you decide not to prepay the assessment before the date given above the rate of interest that will apply is 6.15 percent per year. The right to partially prepay the assessment is available.
The proposed assessment roll is on file for public inspection at the City Clerk’s office. The total amount of the proposed assessment is $ 49,466.98. Written or oral objections will be considered at the meeting. No appeal to district court may be taken as to the amount of an assessment unless a written objection signed by the affected property owner is filed with the municipal clerk prior to the assessment hearing or presented to the presiding officer at the hearing. The council may upon such notice consider any objection to the amount of a proposed individual assessment at an adjourned meeting upon such further notice to the affected property owners as it deems advisable.
If an assessment is contested or there is an adjourned hearing, the following procedure will be followed:
1. The city will present its case by first calling witnesses who may testify by narrative or by examination, and by the introduction of exhibits. After each witness has testified, the contesting party will be allowed to ask questions. This procedure will be repeated with each witness until neither side has further questions.
2. After the city has presented all its evidence, the objector may call witnesses or present such testimony as the objector desires. The same procedure for questioning the city’s witnesses will be followed with the objector’s witnesses.
3. The objector may be represented by counsel.
4. Minnesota rules of evidence will not be strictly applied; however, they may be considered and argued to the council as the weight of items of evidence or testimony presented to the council.
5. The entire proceedings will be tape-recorded.
6. At the close of the presentation of evidence, the objector may make a final presentation to the council based on the evidence and the law. No new evidence may be presented at this point.
7. The council may adopt the proposed assessment at the hearing.
An owner may appeal the assessment to district court pursuant to Minn. Stat. 429.081 by serving notice of the appeal upon the mayor or clerk of the city within 30 days after the adoption of the assessment and filing such notice with the district court within ten days after service upon the mayor or clerk.
Jennifer Feely, Administrator-Clerk-Treasurer
October 26, Nov. 2, 2009
Deadline for Public Notices is Wednesday at 12:00 Noon for the next Mondays issue. All copy information must be in our office by noon. If you need to place a public notice legal please email your legal to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 507-526-4080 or mail to our office: Faribault County Register, PO Box 98, 125 North Main Street, Blue Earth, MN. Thank you.