sell at public auction, in one parcel, to the highest bidder, on the 4th day of February 2010, at 10:00 A.M. in the office of the Faribault County Sheriff, 320 Dr. H. Russ Street, Blue Earth, Minnesota, the real estate described in said judgment, to wit:
Legal Description: Beginning at a point 213 1/2 feet South and 80 feet West of the Northeast Corner of Block reserved for Mill purposes as designated upon the recorded Plat of The Village of Winnebago City, now Winnebago, Minnesota, as same appears in the Office of the Register of Deeds (now County Recorder) in and for the County of Faribault, State of Minnesota, and running thence West 150 feet, thence South 73 1/2 feet, thence East 150 feet and thence North 73 1/2 feet to the point of beginning.
Property Address: 33 – 2nd Street Southwest, Winnebago, Minnesota 56098
Tax Identification Number: 31-448-0070
Said sale will be made to satisfy the sum of $144,535.82 found and adjudged to be due on said judgment as of October 20, 2009, plus such additional interest, costs and disbursements, as allowed by law, and subject to redemption by the mortgagors, their personal representatives or assigns, six (6) months from the date of the Order Confirming Sale.
Michael S. Gormley
Sheriff of Faribault County
Nov. 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21, 28, 2009, January 4, 2010
COUNTY OF FARIBAULT
BLUE EARTH, MINNESOTA
NOVEMBER 17, 2009
1. All commissioners were present. The pledge of allegiance was recited.
2. Approved synopsis and official proceedings of November 3, 2009.
3. Approved agenda of November 17, 2009.
4. Terminated the part-time clerk typist position in Court Services as of January 6, 2010 and to advertise for a half-time clerk typist position in the adult probation office with the salary being reimbursed by the State of Minnesota.
5. Authorized Sheriff and Central Services to negotiate a cleaning and maintenance service for the law enforcement center.
6. Closed meeting to discuss pending tax court legislation with Corn Plus of Winnebago. Present were Commissioners Erichsrud, Groskreutz, Roper, and Warmka, Auditor-Treasurer John Thompson, County Attorney Brian Roverud, and County Assessor Sue Wiltse. Commissioner Loveall excused himself from the meeting due to conflict of interest. The meeting was re-opened. County Attorney Roverud reviewed the closed meeting.
7. Approved retaining Clay Dodd as appraiser for the legal action involving Corn Plus of Winnebago. Commissioner Loveall abstained due to conflict of interest.
8. Approved an SSTS loan to Howard Brandt – Kenneth and Betty Eckhardt of $11,644.12 on Parcel No. 13.014.0100 in Minnesota Lake Township.
9. Approved the 2010 Board of Water and Soil Resources grant of $70,839 and authorize the Auditor-Treasurer to sign the grant.
10. Approved application for an SSTS Program Enhancement Grant of $44,000 by the Soil and Water District and Faribault County.
11. Approved entering into negotiations with Go Minnesota for economic development services and to cease funding to the Faribault County Economic Development Agency for 2010 and to bring the contract to the full board by December 15, 2009 for consideration. Commissioners Erichsrud, Loveall, Roper, and Warmka voted yes. Commissioner Groskreutz voted no.
12. Approved Resolution 09-CB-33 for a land acquisition near Walnut Lake Wildlife area. Commissioners Erichsrud, Groskreutz, Loveall, Roper, and Warmka voted yes.
13. Appointed Commissioner Groskreutz, Commissioner Roper, and the County Attorney to the Go Minnesota negotiating committee.
14. Approved payment of bills totaling $576,240.82 .
Discussion was held concerning the following:
1. L. Krosch met regarding SSTS business.
2. M. Stindtman and B. Douglas met regarding soil and water business.
3. J. McDonald met regarding public works business.
4. Joel Anderson of the Mn Department of Natural Resources met regarding land acquisition.
Complete minutes are on file in the Central Services Office.
The meeting was recessed for the month of November 2009.
Tom Loveall, Chair
John Thompson, Auditor/Treasurer/
December 7, 2009
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE
Date: December 2, 2009
YOU ARE NOTIFIED THAT:
1. Default has occurred in the conditions of the Mortgage dated March 22, 2006, executed by Robert M. Greeley and Mary J. Greeley, husband and wife, as Mortgagors, to Wells Fargo Financial Minnesota, Inc., as Mortgagee, and filed for record April 27, 2006, as Document No. 336012, in the office of the County Recorder of Faribault County, Minnesota. The land described in the Mortgage is not registered land.
2. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $71,145.07.
3. No action or proceeding at law is now pending to recover the debt secured by the Mortgage, or any part thereof.
4. The holder of the Mortgage has complied with all conditions precedent to acceleration of the debt secured by the Mortgage and foreclosure of the Mortgage, and all notice and other requirements of applicable statutes.
5. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, and taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage is $83,478.11.
6. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the land described as follows:
Real property in Faribault County, Minnesota, described as follows: a tract of land in the South Half of the Southeast Quarter (S 1/2 SE 1/4) of Section Twenty-Three (23), Township One Hundred Two (102) North, Range Twenty-Eight (28) West, Faribault County, Minnesota described as follows: commencing at the Southeast Corner of the Southeast Quarter of Section 23, Township 102 North, Range 28 West; thence South 90 degrees 00 minutes 00 Seconds West (assumed bearing) along the South Line of the Southeast Quarter a distance of 1036.37 feet to the point of beginning; thence North 0 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds East a distance of 354.00 feet; thence South 90 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds West a distance of 321.84 feet; thence North 0 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds East a distance of 165.61 feet; thence South 90 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds West a distance of 249.62 feet to an iron pipe survey marker; thence continuing South 90 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds West a distance of 23.63 feet to the centerline of Badger Creek; thence South 2 degrees 53 minutes 38 seconds West along said creek centerline a distance of 320.18 feet; thence South 2 degrees 20 minutes 00 seconds West along said creek centerline a distance of 150.00 feet; thence South 41 degrees 59 minutes 05 seconds East along said creek centerline a distance of 67.21 feet to the South line of the Southeast Quarter; thence North 90 degrees 00 minutes 00 seconds East along the South Line of the Southeast Quarter a distance of 572.39 feet to the point of beginning. Subject to an easement for public roadway right-of-way along the South Line of Section 23;
will be sold by the Sheriff of Faribault County, Minnesota, at public auction on January 28, 2010, at 10:00 a.m. at the office of the Faribault County Sheriff, 320 Dr. H. Russ Street, Blue Earth, Minnesota.
7. The mortgagor must vacate the property on or before 11:59 p.m. July 28, 2010, if the mortgage is not reinstated under Minn. Stat. Sec. 580.30, the property is not redeemed under Minn. Stat. Sec. 580.23, or the redemption period is not reduced under section 582.032.
8. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagors or Mortgagors’ personal representatives or assigns is 6 months after the date of sale.
9. THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
10. THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
Foreclosure Data required by Minn. Stat. Sec. 580.025
1. Property Address: 35785 – 90th Street, Blue Earth, Minnesota 56013
2. Transaction Agent: Not Applicable
3. Name of Mortgage Originator (Lender): Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
4. Residential Servicer: Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
5. Tax Parcel Identification Number: 10-023-0401
6. Transaction Agent’s Mortgage ID Number: Not Applicable
Wells Fargo Financial Minnesota, Inc.
Attorneys for Mortgagee
Mark D. Stephenson
STEPHENSON, SANFORD & THONE, P.L.C.
Suite 220, 1905 East Wayzata Boulevard
Wayzata, MN 55391
December 7, 14, 21, 28, 2009
January 4, 11, 2010
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE CERTIFICATE OF ASSUMED NAME
STATE OF MINNESOTA
Pursuant to Chapter 333, Minnesota Statutes, the undersigned, who is or will be conducting or transacting a commercial business in the State of Minnesota under an assumed name, hereby certifies:
1. The assumed name under which the business is or will be conducted is: BEVCOMM
2. The street address of the principal place of business of the entity which is or will be conducting business under said assumed name is: 123 West 7th Street, Blue Earth, Minnesota 56013
3. The name and street address of all persons conducting business under said assumed name are as follows: Delavan Telephone Company, 123 East Second, P.O. Box 128, Delavan, MN 56023-0128
4. I certify that I am authorized to sign this Certificate and I further certify that I understand that by signing this Certificate, I am subject to the penalties as set forth in Minn. Stat. § 609.48 as if I had signed this Certificate under oath.
Dated: November 13, 2009
Delavan Telephone Company
/s/ Robert L. Hammond, Jr. Its Chief Operating Officer
December 7, 14, 2009
BLUE EARTH AREA SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES
November 9, 2009
The regular meeting of the Board of Education of the Blue Earth Area, I.S.D #2860 was held on Monday, November 9, 2009 at the Blue Earth Area District Office, MN.
Present were School Board members: F. Bly, M. Eckhardt, S. Becker, V. Hanson, D. Fellows, T. Cahill
Absent: J. Haugh
Also attending were Supt. Brandsoy, members of the press, staff and public.
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Chairperson Bly. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
On a Fellows/Eckhardt motion, the board approved the agenda. Unanimous approval.
Public Input: none
On an Eckhardt/Becker motion, the board approved the minutes of the October 12, 2009 regular board meeting. Unanimous approval.
On a Cahill/Fellows motion, eight transfers/wires and payment of bills in the amount of $1,153,050 were approved. Unanimous approval.
Chairperson Bly congratulated the individuals participating in the fall state competitions. He also thanked the vote yes committee for all their hard work.
Superintendent Brandsoy gave his report, including the MSBA 2010 Leadership Conference that is being held in January. He updated the group on BUCS Night Out on November 21. He also gave an H1N1 update. Superintendent Brandsoy congratulated members Bly and Eckhardt for being chosen as Minnesota School Board Association delegates.
Principal’s Grant, McGuire and Eustice gave reports to the board. Grant reported that Parent-Teacher conferences will be held on November 19 and 23. On November 12 the 31st Annual Book Character Day will be held by the district’s 5th graders. McGuire reported that viewpoint has been updated with the fall NWEA scores. Eustice gave an update on MCA testing for the high school. All updated the board on student illness levels.
On a Becker/Eckhardt motion, the board approved the Fire Marshal report for 2009. Unanimous approval.
On an Eckhardt/Fellows motion, the board approved the Little Giants Agreement with the City of Blue Earth after an update and presentation of the final lease by Dar Holmseth. Unanimous approval.
Member Hanson introduced the following resolution and moved its adoption: Resolution canvassing returns of votes of school district special election. The motion for adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly seconded by member Eckhardt and upon vote being taken thereon, the following voted in favor thereof – Bly, Cahill, Fellows, Hanson, Eckhardt, Becker. The following voted against: none. Whereupon said resolution was declared duly passed and adopted.
On a Fellows/Cahill motion, the board approved Mr. Grant to be the designated LEA representative for BEA School. Unanimous approval.
On an Eckhardt/Hanson motion, the board approved the seniority list for 2009-2010 Certified Staff. Unanimous approval.
On a Cahill/Hanson motion, the board approved the Sub Pay and Miscellaneous Rates for 2009-2010. Unanimous approval.
On a Hanson/Fellows motion, the board approved the recall from unrequested leave of Janeen Perrizo, Special Ed. Unanimous approval.
On an Eckhardt/Becker motion, the board approved the Winter Coaching list. Unanimous approval.
On a Becker/Cahill motion, the meeting was closed at 7:12 p.m. for the sole purpose of a negotiation update in regards to the certified staff contract. Unanimous approval.
On an Eckhardt/Hanson motion, the closed session meeting was adjourned at 8:12 p.m. Unanimous approval.
On a Becker/Fellows motion, the regular school board meeting was opened at 8:12 p.m. Unanimous approval.
On a Cahill/Becker motion, the board adjourned at 8:13 p.m. Unanimous approval.
Dawn Y. Fellows, Clerk
December 7, 2009
Deadline for Public Notices is Wednesday at 12:00 Noon for the next Mondays issue. All copy information must be in our office by noon. If you need to place a public notice legal please email your legal to email@example.com or fax to 507-526-4080 or mail to our office: Faribault County Register, PO Box 98, 125 North Main Street, Blue Earth, MN. Thank you.
Faribault County Register Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.