Parent meetings will be held to address concerns.
On a Fellows/Cahill motion the Board gave its approval to add Feb 17th as a student contact day due to all the inclement weather.
February was designated as "Kindness month" for the K-8 site. Eckhardt/Haugh motion. Voting in favor were: Bly, Eckhardt, Maher, Fellows, Cahill and Haugh.
On a Fellows/Eckhardt motion the Board unanimously approved the Certified Staff Contracts 2013-2015.
On an Eckhardt/Maher motion the Board approved the following contracts:
Sara Fredrickson- Media Para (B-2-1)
Aleysha Ewald- Elem Spec Ed (1.0FTE)
The Resignation of Laurie Stensland was approved on an Eckhardt/Cahill motion.
The Retirement of Paula Tietje (Spanish Teacher) and a pending leave for Jodee Lund were approved on a Haugh/Fellows motion.
On a Cahill/Maher motion, the board was dismissed at 8:30pm
March 17, 2014
FEBRUARY 18, 2014
1. All members were present. The pledge of allegiance was recited.
2. Approve minutes of February 4, 2014.
3. Approve agenda of February 18, 2014.
4. Adopted a seven member board structure for the Planning Commission.
5. Motion to appoint Sherwood Krosch of Elmore to the at large position on the Planning Commission was withdrawn.
6. Tabled issue of an at large position on the Planning Commission to the March 4, 2014 meeting. Commissioners Groskreutz and Loveall voted no.
7. Approved advertising for an A13 union Building Maintenance Worker position at the courthouse due to the retirement of Mike Jacobson.
8. Approved advertising for 150,000 gallons of seal coat oil until March 26, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
9. Approved advertising for bids on CSAH13 and Emerald Township Road 38.
10. Approved purchase of a 1-ton pickup truck from Fairmont Ford for $33,955.
11. Adopted Resolution 14-CB-07 for the dissolution of the Minnesota River Board effective April 1, 2014. Commissioners Groskreutz, Loveall, Roper, Warmka, and Young voted yes.
12. Approved requests from P. Campbell, J. Christenson, and M. Purvis to attend a 3-day SOTA conference in St. Cloud.
13. Approved allowing Blue Earth Chamber of Commerce to store Christmas lights in a forfeited tax building upon proof of insurance.
14. Approved recommendation to the City of Blue Earth that the block of 2nd Street by the courthouse be left at the present width for the improvement project.
15. Approved payment bills totaling $625,739.61.
Discussion was held concerning the following:
1. M. Stindtman met regarding soil and water business.
2. D. Fellows met regarding central services business.
3. J. McDonald met regarding public works business.
Complete minutes are on file in the Central Services Office.
The meeting was adjourned for February 2014.
Tom Loveall, Chairman
John Thompson, Auditor/
March 17, 2014
The City of Blue Earth is requesting proposals for Community Housing Study. The proposals summary should be requested and direction followed for City Hall. Contact Kathy Bailey at 507-526-7336 or email@example.com. Proposals must be received at City Hall, 125 W. 6th Street, PO Box 38, Blue Earth, MN. 56013 until April 4, 2014.
March 17, 24, 2014
The Faribault County Drainage Department is seeking proposals from licensed and insured contractors to seed and maintain approximately 100 acres of buffer strip along several public drainage ditches in Faribault County, Minnesota. The work, to be completed in 2014, includes preparing the seedbed, seeding, and mowing the seeded area. Sealed proposals must be received by 4:30 PM, March 28th, 2014, by Merissa Lore, Faribault County Drainage Inspector on behalf of the Faribault County Drainage Authority for the project. Proposals will not be opened until after the submittal deadline. Any proposals received after said hour will be returned to the contractor unopened.
Proposal requirements, scope of work, and work specifications may be obtained at the Faribault County Soil & Water Conservation District Planning & Zoning Office, 415 S. Grove St., Suite 8, Blue Earth, MN 56013 or online at one of the following: www.faribaultcountyswcd.com and www.co.faribault.mn.us. Any questions shall be directed to Merissa Lore at 507-526-2388 or 507-525-3813.
The Drainage Authority reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities therein.
March 17, 2014