homepage logo

Two plead guilty in separate fights

By Staff | Nov 3, 2008

Two cases involving disturbances at a Blue Earth bar have been settled, while two others are still pending.

On Monday, Joseph Raymond Litzkow, 32, of Lakota, Iowa, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct in Faribault County District Court.

Originally, he was charged with second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct for being involved in brawling or fighting.

Litzkow was arrested Oct. 4 after Adrian Harris’ hand was allegedly cut when attempting to take a knife away from him. Litzkow was held in the county jail for six days, before posting bail.

Litzkow was facing a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

However, Judge Douglas Richards gave him six days credit for time already spent in jail and suspended the remaining 84 days, and also imposed a $380 fine.

Litzkow will be on unsupervised probation for one year and must pay any medical bills Harris incurs for up to one year.

Meanwhile, an omnibus hearing for Harris involving another assault case was continued.

The 25-year-old Winnebago man has been charged with fifth-degree assault and disorderly conduct involving brawling and fighting outside the Parrott Bay bar.

On Aug. 22, police officer Nate Walton noticed a male lying on the sidewalk in front of the bay around 11:44 p.m. while on routine patrol, says a court complaint.

A witness says two males beat up the man and that Harris was the main aggressor.

The owner of the bar, the complaint says, kicked the man and his friend out of the bar and that the man started mouthing off to Harris outside the bar.

Because of a previous assault conviction, Harris’ fifth-degree assault charge has been elevated to a gross misdemeanor.

The maximum penalty is one year in jail and a $3,000 fine. Disorderly conduct carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

The man involved in the fight with Harris has pleaded guilty to disorderly conducted.